Friday, October 7, 2011

Jumping in with both feet-Cris

As soon as Kevin and I decided adoption was what God had placed on both our hearts, within hours I was online researching. Let me just say that can be overwhelming at the beginning. I started filling out request forms for information from the state of Pa adoption foster to adopt. I can remember the exciting day we received our first packet of information with a list of 12 agencies near. How do you make a decision? First we went through and checked off each agency that did not have a website. Seriously, if they are not up on technology, my thought was they could be behind on the adoption process as well. Second, I emailed friends that had adopted locally and asked what they had heard and eliminated a few more. Third, I called the ones left. Talked with them and one just stuck out. I was on the phone for an hour and it felt that I was talking with a friend. We talked about the positives as well as the negative sides of adoption. I liked how things were not sugar coated but direct and the biggest hook for us was how the agency really wanted to keep Austin in mind and involved in the process. Common Sense Adoption Agency in Harrisburg was it! Kevin, Austin, and I took an hour road trip and had our first meeting on August 30, 20011. We walked in thinking we were going to walk out overwhelmed but it was not like that at all. We were so encouraged and really felt that God was totally lining things up. It was easier than we thought.

http://www.csas-swan.org/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template